WaterfallMachine

Newbie Here. What's The Purpose Of Enlightenment?

86 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Shanmugam said:

@Anna1  As I was reading this thread, I couldn't stop laughing.... :D I am the one who is posting in the other forum in the name 'borris'...Leave the pure guy Prabhakar alone :D.. And thanks for making me laugh... The funniest joke I have come across after a long time...

Thank you! Now it all makes sense! Something was missing here since this morning. LolxD

@Shanmugam yeah, whatever, you were quoting Osho on Tolle forum like crazy and not citing your source most the time. Also, defending Osho like he was a God.

20 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

Shanmugam criticized Osho many times

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Fidelio  There are certain things a seeker will intuitively understand as he proceeds with the journey. He doesn't have to wait until enlightenment to know all those things...  Even when you listen to a true Guru, you will intuitively understand what he says is true.. Eckhart Tolle talks about this as well. He says that when you hear something which is true, the truth in you will respond to it and say 'yes, this is true'. When I heard him saying, I could immediately resonate to it.

I did go through a spiritual awakening three years ago. But I stopped seeing enlightenment as serving any purpose way long before that. Seeing enlightenment as a means to something is a trap. 

We don't have to make it very complicated. If you see enlightenment as a means to an end, thats fine for now. That is how every one has to start his journey.. There is nothing wrong in it. It is a part of the whole process.

But slowly, as a person goes through his journey, he starts to crave for enlightenment. This is natural.. At one point in life, I wanted to 'be' enlightened at any cost. It was a life or death question.. But then I came across the perfect teaching I needed on time.. I heard 'You are already that, there is nothing to change, nothing to do, nowhere to go... '..I came across many teachings of Advaita.  I also understood that the very desire that I have for enlightenment was actually delaying the whole thing. If I have heard this teaching when I started the journey, It would not have made any sense to me.. But it took another 6 years after I heard this teaching for me to go through a transformation.

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

@Fidelio  You said you don't like thing! 
Fight me!  Put 'm up!