Ether

Who Here Is Enlightened?

39 posts in this topic

I cant wait until i reach enlightnement. Honestly I dont think its that hard, it just takes time to rewire your brain

I'm enlightened rank 5, I heard if you can get to rank 1 you can have 100 free virgins + the new razer keyboard.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

14 minutes ago, Ether said:

Who Here Is Enlightened? I dont think its that hard

None, Out of millions of men one becomes enlightened .

Many people start the search and then drop out. It is arduous, it is moving into the unknown; nobody knows whether there is anything like enlightenment or just a fiction created by a few people like Gautam Buddha. Perhaps they are not lying, perhaps they themselves are deceived -- who knows? There is no guarantee.

So many start, but very few remain. Most of them return to the world. Sooner or later, finding that they are going into an unknown territory without a map, without any guide, they start feeling crazy. Because the whole world is going in a totally different direction, and they are left alone. Their whole strength was in the crowd. Alone, a thousand and one doubts arise. Alone, one starts feeling that millions of people cannot be wrong, "And I am alone, thinking that I am right -- I must be getting crazy."

4 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Many people start the search and then drop out. It is arduous, it is moving into the unknown; nobody knows whether there is anything like enlightenment or just a fiction created by a few people like Gautam Buddha. Perhaps they are not lying, perhaps they themselves are deceived -- who knows? There is no guarantee.

So many start, but very few remain. Most of them return to the world. Sooner or later, finding that they are going into an unknown territory without a map, without any guide, they start feeling crazy. Because the whole world is going in a totally different direction, and they are left alone. Their whole strength was in the crowd. Alone, a thousand and one doubts arise. Alone, one starts feeling that millions of people cannot be wrong, "And I am alone, thinking that I am right -- I must be getting crazy."

Noah Elkrief teachings are pretty easy. Maybe most people are going with difficult teachers?

Just now, Ether said:

Noah Elkrief teachings are pretty easy. Maybe most people are going with difficult teachers?

A teacher teaches you, he has a doctrine, he has a philosophy. He argues, discusses, proves.

A Master is himself the proof. He does not argue, he does not propose any philosophy, he does not give you any ethos. He has no commandments. He does not create any should, he does not give you any ideals. In fact, he takes all ideals away. He does not give you a scripture. He teaches you how to burn all scriptures, how to be free of the word, how to be free of theory – because once you are free of the word and the theory and the scripture, you are free to be.

A Master is basically a presence. Even if he speaks, he speaks only to lead you towards the wordless. Even if he talks, he talks you out of language. He tries to talk so that you can be led into a world of no-thought. A Master’s teaching is a no-teaching. He does not propose any ideas so that you can cling to them. 

We need a Master.

20 minutes ago, Ether said:

I cant wait until i reach enlightnement. Honestly I dont think its that hard, it just takes time to rewire your brain

First step is to transcend the body-mind and to realize that there is nothing out there to reach, you are already what 'you' are seeking, Truth embodied, the Relative/ Object (everything) 'born' from within the Absolute (no-thing). I got my first glimps into no-self while doing Leo's guided self-inquiry in one of his Enlightenment videos.  

I don't claim to be "enlightened",

I am at peace and live in joy.

Through mediation and contemplation I observe and know the nature of existence, even the conditions and state of existence that gave rise to the manifest universe that we are in.

So whatever that is, I am.

I can say this much, to get to the most illuminated states of consciousness where existence reveals itself, then first be at peace and in joy.

Living every day life with a seed of those illuminated sates of consciousness at the core of our awareness will allow someone to function in the world, being fully immersed in those illuminated states of consciousness and attempting to live a typical human existence in this day and age is a challenge.

Edited by SOUL
added comments

1 hour ago, Prabhaker said:

A teacher teaches you, he has a doctrine, he has a philosophy. He argues, discusses, proves.

A Master is himself the proof. He does not argue, he does not propose any philosophy, he does not give you any ethos. He has no commandments. He does not create any should, he does not give you any ideals. In fact, he takes all ideals away. He does not give you a scripture. He teaches you how to burn all scriptures, how to be free of the word, how to be free of theory – because once you are free of the word and the theory and the scripture, you are free to be.

A Master is basically a presence. Even if he speaks, he speaks only to lead you towards the wordless. Even if he talks, he talks you out of language. He tries to talk so that you can be led into a world of no-thought. A Master’s teaching is a no-teaching. He does not propose any ideas so that you can cling to them. 

We need a Master.

DId you even watch his videos? Think before you speak

1 hour ago, Ether said:

it just takes time to rewire your brain

up to a certain point. But you will eventually have to drop that train of thought of just rewiring the brain.

1 hour ago, Prabhaker said:

You captured my doubts perfectly. I have to keep reminding myself that even if there is no liberation, my life is improving a lot in the mean time. It keeps me going.

7 minutes ago, Ether said:

DId you even watch his videos? Think before you speak

I have seen his YouTube channel , 'Discover how to ... Stop suffering and live in peace'.

Alone, one starts feeling that millions of people cannot be wrong, "And I am alone, thinking that I am right -- I must be getting crazy."

Only if you didn't have a samadhi experience, which is not that hard to have if you really want to.

God is love

And God in them

The reason I intentionally keep my life simple is so I can stay in a more illuminated state of being.

When life is complicated and we are rushing around with lots of complicated tasks to complete staying in fully illuminated states is a challenge.

Bringing some of the illuminated state with me into typical life routines is what I seek to do.

Edited by SOUL
grammar

1 hour ago, SOUL said:

I can say this much, to get to the most illuminated states of consciousness where existence reveals itself, then first be at peace and in joy.

What is your meditation technique to reach these illuminated states? I'm asking for a step-by-step tutorial. :) 

Do you think you have ever reached the highest state possible? If so, why do you think that it was the highest state possible? Are you talking about being infinite? 

Thank you! :) 

50 minutes ago, Barna said:

What is your meditation technique to reach these illuminated states? I'm asking for a step-by-step tutorial. :) 

Do you think you have ever reached the highest state possible? If so, why do you think that it was the highest state possible? Are you talking about being infinite? 

Thank you! :) 

I may not have reached the highest state, I have attained what I have and i have no basis for comparison. I use just basic meditative practices, nothing intricate or exotic. The practices aren't the key, it's the actual inner work we do. I don't have many labels for what I experience, I have tried to equate it to some of the words on ideas people use for the different things I hear from them but I don't know if they really do. So pardon me for my vagueness.

Any chance you can find, clear and focus the mind on the now in a small meditation moment. It doesn't matter where and it doesn't have to last long. in the shower, standing in line at the store, waiting for a stop light to change even on the toilet. Anytime the mind would normally wander off and churn around on the tedium of life, instead use the moment to meditate. This will bring a heightened illuminated state to normal daily life, as I did this I found that my overall more awakened state stayed with me through more complicated tasks.

It also allowed me to meditate deeper and deeper. It is a challenge to focus on the moment while our brain is needed for normal life tasks so this illuminated state fluctuates through the day depending on how much my mind has to focus on a task. Tasks that are well practiced behavior and the subconscious mind can do it so I pretty much run on "auto pilot" so allows for a heightened state to be maintained.

Obviously when the task involves the safety of yourself and others like operating dangerous equipment or driving those heightened states can limit the ability to accomplish the task safely so the mind should be attuned to the task. Although I will admit there were some long road trips across vast empty distances that I had some incredible meditative moments....but i wouldn't suggest it.

Edited by SOUL
spelling, grammar and typos

1 hour ago, Natasha said:

First step is to transcend the body-mind and to realize that there is nothing out there to reach, you are already what 'you' are seeking, Truth embodied, the Relative/ Object (everything) 'born' from within the Absolute (no-thing). I got my first glimps into no-self while doing Leo's guided self-inquiry in one of his Enlightenment videos.  

What was it like for you?

5 minutes ago, SOUL said:

I use just basic meditative practices, nothing intricate or exotic.

I don't know what are the basic meditative practices. So, c'mon, what do you use when you want to go really deep? :) Mantra meditation? Focusing on breath? Focusing on awareness? Letting go? Or psychedelics? 

What is the sentence or question that triggers your mini-meditations? And what is exactly your mini-meditation technique? 

If I asked you to teach me, what pointers would you give me? 

23 minutes ago, Barna said:

I don't know what are the basic meditative practices. So, c'mon, what do you use when you want to go really deep? :) Mantra meditation? Focusing on breath? Focusing on awareness? Letting go? Or psychedelics? 

What is the sentence or question that triggers your mini-meditations? And what is exactly your mini-meditation technique? 

Well, I don't know what "the basic" is, I know what my basic is. Mostly focusing on the breath, I will also incorporate visualizations if I'm intending to create or change a mindset but still breath is part of that.

Let's say I'm out doing tasks and I'm losing my peaceful center I will take a moment to quiet the mind by focusing on breath. I will also simultaneously visualize me breathing in tranquility and breathing out anxiousness. I even have kind of a funny one for when my ego has whipped the monkey mind into a frenzy and it doesn't want to settle down. I will visualize the observer, petting the ego as if it's a dog to comfort it. It works surprisingly well, the ego gets the attention it craves so it settles down and my mind gets quieted. Then as it sleeps at my "feet" I can do my inner work. Haven't used that in awhile though, the ego is better trained now...haha

I would recommend to just find what works for you in both practice and with whatever symbols, images or concepts you connect with., then employ them with your inner work. What works for me may not work for you and you won't learn which does for you until you examine your own self conscious and stretch the meditative muscle in every way you can.

Edited by SOUL

26 minutes ago, Barna said:

Just be present, stop seeking some complex meditation technique that will make the whole thing easy, it does not work like that.
Really, it is that simple, be present, wherever you are, whatever your mind wants to think of, whatever you do, whatever the feelings and emotions you experience.

IT IS THAT SIMPLE.

Yet your mind is seeking, always seeking for some form of technique/conceptual knowledge, but there is nothing more than your sense of presence, this is what you are.

This sense of "I AM", isn't just deep enough YET to see the full picture, you need to chunk more, by doing nothing else that being present, which simply means to be aware of experiences that arises.

Meditation is a way of living, you don't just meditate 20 minutes/1 hour a day, you do it all the time, untill it become so natural that you won't even realize that you're doing it anymore (you're not doing anything anyway, it's just consciousness that wants to rise and override the mind).

IT IS SIMPLE !

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

@SOUL@Shin What is your motivation in consciousness work? I would assume that peace is already a given for you. So, is it ecstasy? Is it curiosity? 

In any case, have you tried psychedelics? If no, why not? If yes, which is deeper for you, meditating while being sober or while being on substances?