The White Belt

What The...?

10 posts in this topic

How is this done? Is it a gimmick or for real?

Did I see a Resurrection here? It looks like a dead flower is re-blooming by not even a touch.

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

1 minute ago, Toby said:

He's pushing it up with his thumb probably.

But the petals even fanned out..

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

They fall to the side because of gravity I guess. I don't think a legit teacher would show siddhis for entertainment or bragging.

There are so many problems in this world like diseases and poverty. Instead of doing this, he could have used superpowers to cure people of all problems.

What's the point of doing this. 

What benefits do we get if some monk has superpowers that is only limited to trivial stuff. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

its playful sleight of hand like an uncle would do for his niece, they're laughing because it's silly

no siddhis here 

22 minutes ago, Loreena said:

Instead of doing this, he could have used superpowers to cure people of all problems.

The real miracle is changing hate into love, changing your unconscious into consciousness - that is the real miracle, and that has to be done by yourself.

Nobody else can do it. Buddhas can only show the way, they cannot do it on your behalf. There are things which cannot be done on your behalf.

He's just rolling his thumb up on the side you can't see to support the weight of the flower.  It's a simple playful joke.  Whoever manages his channel probably shouldn't have put that up on youtube because it can be construed incorrectly.  

Edited by Heart of Space

38 minutes ago, Loreena said:

Instead of doing this, he could have used superpowers to cure people of all problems.

Once it happened: Jesus was walking and a woman -- a very poor woman, afraid and apprehensive about whether Jesus would treat her or not, because he was always crowded by so many people -- the woman thought to herself, "Just touch Jesus' garment from behind." She did, and she was cured. Jesus looked back and the woman started thanking him. She fell at his feet and was very grateful.

Jesus said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."

The world was deep in trust; people were rooted in faith. Then just the idea that "If Jesus touches my eyes, they will be cured" -- the very idea becomes the root cause of the cure. His insistence is on faith. And remember the distinction between belief and faith: belief is in an idea; faith is in total reality, faith is a reverence for the whole. Belief is of the mind; faith is of your totality. Faith is not of the head. When you have faith, you have faith in your blood, in your bones, in your marrow, in your heart. In your whole being.

Jesus told his disciples. "I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it would move. Nothing would be impossible."

Jesus' miracles happened because the people were very trusting.