Will

Uncovering Latent Hidden Beliefs

23 posts in this topic

I assume the only way to uncover  hidden limiting beliefs is to meditate and record and random thoughts and then digging into them and seeing what comes up??

I guess just living life and being aware of issue that arise.. I want to primarily try and find really big ones that are lurking in the shadows..

Biggest limiting beliefs: 

• there's a YOU
  • You are the body
  • you are your thoughts

If you got those tackled, the rest will fall off.. :)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

I have this down already..

There is no me..

I have no body or at least where it starts and finishes is a matter of controversy..

I am definitely not my thoughts.. hahaha.. 

I know this stuff, I am yet to actually feel it though..  I am one of those ones that gets the theory or at least some of it.. But I am yet to put in the 10,000 hours and start really experiencing it.. looking forward to it though..

Don't hold yourself to the 10.000 hours. If Truth is Universal, it must be there both NOW and in 10.000.000.000 hours :)

That is yet another limiting belief that can trick you into yet more doing

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Oh yeah the truth may be there,, I dont really care about truth. truth is just a version of who things should be. that could change.. I am happy with that. I dont know if there is a universal truth.. I kinda dont care.. I am happy in just doing the process of moving towards that.. what else do you need??

Be,challenge, discover, move, calibrate, and repeat.. until infinity.. Im am happy with that.. :)

This topic is pretty on key for me at the minute. I've been trying to 'detach' myself from the body for a while but whenever I have physical discomfort I still can't over come that within my mind. The discomfort still stops me from living. Ayla, do you have any tips on how I can overcome this thought- body attachment? 

11 minutes ago, Lady peacock said:

This topic is pretty on key for me at the minute. I've been trying to 'detach' myself from the body for a while but whenever I have physical discomfort I still can't over come that within my mind. The discomfort still stops me from living. Ayla, do you have any tips on how I can overcome this thought- body attachment? 

THAT is the question, isn't it? :) 

That's actually the whole enlightenment process right there... 

Meditation takes care of the thoughts being associated in any way with you

Self-inquiry takes care of association with body 

* for body pains and aches, really get into your mind that the pain is not hurting YOUR Body, but A Body (not yours). This helped me a lot

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

imagine that. not taking pain personally its just there an watching it like we watch a passer by,.. genius!!

I am sending out all my compassion and love lady peacock your pain is my pain..

Edited by Will

Just now, Will said:

imagine that. not taking pain personally its just there an watching it like we watch a passer by,.. genius!!

Yes, you can do it with both cold, hot, hunger, thirst... but as anything else, it comes easier with practice. 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

I think he wants to talk about childhood beliefs and beliefs that stop him from realizing his potential. I don't know about a particular technique but I know that I have some beliefs because of how I interpreted my behavior.

For example I know I have a fear of rejection because I supplicate to other people. I'm extremely calculative and hyper vigilant when talking to others. Working on gaining confidence doesn't necessarily solve the root cause. I'm unsure about the root cause I don't know how to tackle it. 

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

@Phrae well, that's why it's called the root, isn't it, sweetheart? Because it's hidden under the soil rather than being readily apparent.

Sure, you can be taught steps to faking confidence (which may serve you in the short-term with casual interactions but you may come off superficial ie fake) but developing genuine confidence does require you to find the root cause and understand it. 

Last night, I had a breakthrough.

I was in a terrible mood, wallowing in everything wrong in my life.

My bitterness came out when I was speaking to my friend and I said something belittling to him.

That sparked an argument.

We went for a walk to clear our heads and ended up talking things out. I wanted desperately to forget about everything and go back to my old quick-fix solution: alcohol.

My friend refused to enable me. I knew I would regret it, deeply, so I didnt argue. Instead, I was forced to sit with the bad feelings and eventually, something came up for me. 

Now... the key thing here is my self-development work has helped me think more rationally (less emotionally  & impulsive), so I was not trying to argue with him or focus on more superficial issues (which only distracts from the deeper ones). I was in a state of vulnerable, mellow acceptance.

I let myself feel defeated. I let myself feel sad. I did not judge myself for it, at that moment. I simply was. 

After a few minutes, something came out that I had suppressed and not confronted, completely. As I was talking about it, I could feel the pieces coming together. I could tell it was a root cause for some of my worst behavior. 

In the end, I was grateful my friend and I had that encounter. I felt a weight lift off me (I tend to suppress my emotions, quite a bit, on the daily). My craving for escapism went away because I no longer felt so much turmoil in my reality. 

Edited by shouldnt

1 hour ago, Phrae said:

I think he wants to talk about childhood beliefs and beliefs that stop him from realizing his potential. I don't know about a particular technique but I know that I have some beliefs because of how I interpreted my behavior.

For example I know I have a fear of rejection because I supplicate to other people. I'm extremely calculative and hyper vigilant when talking to others. Working on gaining confidence doesn't necessarily solve the root cause. I'm unsure about the root cause I don't know how to tackle it. 

I dont mind which beliefs, I had a pretty good child hood . I am mostly concerned about things that have be overwritten and reframed so much they are nolonger relevant..

On 2/14/2016 at 5:11 AM, Lady Peacock said:

Your ego will constantly try and trap you, it's really subtle and it may take weeks to notice it but when you do you actually feels really good. The biggest trap is feeling like you are "detached" from the body, among many other things. Oh my god, how many times have I fallen into that trap. Even right now I need to remind myself that it's not real progression. Real detachment isn't a feeling, it can't be described by words, it's not logical, scientific, philosophical, nor is it a combination of any of these. It's Being. Just Being.

It's really simple, but not easy at all.  

EDIT: It's an experience you need see for yourself. 

Edited by Avi

I can't believe myself sometimes. 

I really think that being enlightened is seeing the truth. 

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

9 hours ago, Avi said:

Your ego will constantly try and trap you, it's really subtle and it may take weeks to notice it but when you do you actually feels really good. The biggest trap is feeling like you are "detached" from the body, among many other things. Oh my god, how many times have I fallen into that trap. Even right now I need to remind myself that it's not real progression. Real detachment isn't a feeling, it can't be described by words, it's not logical, scientific, philosophical, nor is it a combination of any of these. It's Being. Just Being.

It's really simple, but not easy at all.  

EDIT: It's an experience you need see for yourself. 

Hey, yeh I can relate to what you are saying. I have had that enlightenment experience but I've recently fallen in to the ' trap' again and now I'm struggling with self condemnation like, . ' how can you let yourself fall for this trick when you already know it's a lie, you will never get back to where you were before' .....that kind of thing.

And right now I feel Ike I don't care about helping myself ( even though I do really ).....I should know better than this since I've been doing meditation for years.

Continuity isn't my strong point though. I like to experiment with lots if different methods of spirituality but can't do everything every day so tend to swap and change. Guess I need to stick to a routine like Leo said in his video. It really is the key to success. 

Anyway, thanks for the tip, I'm gonna make a new commitment today. 

Edited by Lady Peacock

@Lady Peacock Don't beat yourself up over it. Yes discipline and continuity are keys to your success but also know that experience you had is always around you. It's everywhere, like even right now. And everything that is happening in this moment is exactly is as it's suppose to be. 

Your awareness is on point. 

Wow thanks for that very encouraging response. 

My weakness is that I DO beat myself up, even when I know I am doing it, sometimes this awareness is not enough to stop me from doing it.  How do I resolve that ? Haha

The reason I am beating myself up today is because I aim to wake up at 4-4.30 every morning for spiritual time I.e meditation and prayer. I started a pray and fast with my friend today. We prayed together at 5am and then I fell back to sleep and woke up 3 hours later. I've been in a bad mood ever since because I missed my personal spiritual time and my morning gym session. I feel like I can't stick to anything and am therefore a good for nothing person,  as I'm reading this I'm seeing that im being hard on myself, but knowing that isn't making me feel better...

Im stuck in a web. God damn it

Edited by Lady Peacock

@Lady Peacock I totally do this to. Maybe this can help... when you start to beat yourself up over it, become aware of the fact and go write it down along with the time that it happened. Keep that paper/journal in front of you or close by so that when it happens again you can keep writing it down. 

Now it could be that this beating yourself up over things is something much deeper than anything I can provide you. I urge you to then look inward and at daily life to see if there is something that might be triggering it. Sometimes you can find the truth in the most unexpected places. 

I think a combination of the above is what will work in letting go of this beating up of thy ego. 

Thanks,, I will follow your advice. Do you have a practical step that I can take to ' look inwards' ? 

Edited by Lady Peacock