All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. 1. It's easy to make choices and plans which seem to have little external influence.. But if you start execution of those plans, you realise how much grip the external factors have on you. 2. You make choices within a predetermined context. You mentioned Financial Status. But don't get to choose whether money should even exist in the world or not. Most of the times, you have very little control over the context. And most people take the context for granted, and give little thought to altering it completely. For example, "A world without money". 3. The illusion of free will. Let's say you decide to make a lot of money, or let's say you decided to live in the woods. Look at the context again. The context is forcing you to make one choice or the other. Of course, there's a myriad of choices. But all of it, is simply some form of slavery. 4. Everything you do is pointless. Meaning is made up. Religion is made up. Wanting to live as "such and such" a human being is utterly pointless. Everyone is EQUAL, ONE.. 5. The illusion of having no control. You are god, you created everything. Everything you can possibly experience and imagine, is all your own creation. Even space time and other human beings. You are lost in your own creation. How does that make you feel?
  3. Travelling to Every Country I have been binging on Drew Binksy's videos for the past 2 ish weeks now. I started with this 1 hour 45 min video about his travels in Iran and I've mainly been watching his longer form content. I guess two weeks into this, I caught myself thinking about my own biases and things that would freak me out. I consider myself a relatively open minded person but it takes a lot skill to go to all 197 countries and take in everything mentally and emotionally. My first thought tbh was how simply by being a woman of color, there are a lot of countries that would be a lot different for me to navigate compared to Drew. As beautiful as it was to watch this video on travelling to various parts of Iran as whimsical the whole experience felt as they explored the culture, I know that the rules would be very different for me especially considering the morality police and the Ayalltola. I'm not trying to make this a limitting belief since I know there are women who have travelled there and are fine but there are extra precautions I would have to take and extra social things for me to consider. Drew also did a similarly long video on travelling to Afghanistan which I have yet to watch but it take no mentioning that since the Taliban takeover, that going to Afghanistan is out of question for me. I have also watched another video about the time he got stranded in Yemen, almost got killed in Chad, and lying to get into Libya I can't imagine having to go through something like that as a traveller and navigating through these high stress situations. I've had a couple of travel mishaps where I had to figure out something on the spot but nothing like this. I know travelling is a skill and that navigating through a 3rd world country is very different from navigating in a 1st world country from the language differences, safety, infrastructrual differences, logistical difficulties, etc. but dealing with dangerous situations face to face requires another level of bravery, street smarts, quick thinking, and more. I know most travel experiences aren't like this despite the fear mongering that you sometimes get from other people but shit does happen and it's important to be safe regardless of location. But I can't imagine going to places like Libya, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, North Korea etc. willingly. Things that I think will leave me squeamish that I've seen on Drew's videos include the following: Encountering cannibals Going to really conservative countries even if they are considered safe, as a woman eating things like bugs (snails, crickets, larva, worms etc.), brains, animals I would consider pets, eyeballs, balut, intestines, sardines, anything with blood, organ meat, or things that look like snot. I also just generally speaking, am not too excited when it comes to mushy foods. Global poverty to a certain extent: I have encountered a certain degree of that in India from when I was very little but even though I have some exposure, some things are still hard to stomach right then and there in the moment. I'm sure I haven't even seen the worst of it. This isn't something I've seen in Drew's videos but I'm not sure to what extent I would be able to travel without some guide of some sort in a lot of poor, developing countries where I don't speak the language. Figuring out how to logistially plan for something like that feels anxiety inducing as someone who has never done something like that. Gonna be honest, this is a skill issue for me lol Anything involving an active war zone I also found some interesting demographics about world travellers in https://nomadmania.com/people-who-visited-every-country/ . Granted, not everyone who has travelled to all the countries are recorded due to privacy reasons, not being on social media etc. But this is based on the records that are kept. 85% of the people who travelled to all the countries are men, 15% are women "More than half of the women achieving it in the past five years indicates a longer-term equalisation of gender." 87% are white, 8% are east or south east asian, 3% are south asian, 2% are black average age of completion is 53 years "In terms of travel styles too, UN Masters appear to come in all guises. Some achieved the feat while travelling in groups or with agencies who took care of many details. Others are hardened individualists who attempt uncompromising solo adventures. Billionaires who fly on private jets, or those on meagre budgets who have succeeded through getting sponsored by large organisations – UN Masters come with wallets of different sizes too." I also found the LPI (Low Passport Index) section where they recorded people who did this feat despite travelling with less powerful passports. I found that section to be particularly inspiring regarding the drive and dedication these people have. It's already hard visiting every country in the world, it's another thing doing THAT on hard mode. This isn't from the website, but the number of people who have visited every country is about 400-500 people. The number of people who have been to space is 681. And the number of billionaires is 2,781. According to Pew Research "In the U.S., while roughly three-quarters have traveled to at least one other country, only 11% have been to 10 or more." And according to the graph, 15% have gone to 5-9. I have gone to the following: India, Bangladesh, UAE, Costa Rica, U.K., France, Netherlands (7). If you want to also count countries I passed through in a connecting flight, I could also add Germany and Qatar to that list too. https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2023/12/06/international-travel/#:~:text=In some countries%2C not only,traveled to 10 or more.
  4. This is why psychedelic-assisted therapy is key. I was lucky enough to do it several times, but $700 per session isn’t cheap. And we don’t have enough therapists trained in exploring psychedelics. My life would certainly be much worse right now had I not gone through those sessions.
  5. What about creatine? Does it also have heavy metals?
  6. I was only replying to him. Proof is ridiculous in these contexts. Even if you prove anything, it will not be accepted, emotionally. If n number of people apply for assisted suicide, will you accept all those n people for AS? At some point, you got to say no. I wonder what that point is. To covert your empathy to get something done in reality is a whole different ball game. Conservatives yap about having kids but block any social schemes that may take care of kids. Liberals yap about social programs but they are more interested in sending that money abroad to wage wars in fuck knows where. The problem plaguing these people is ignorance. Mere empathy is not enough. You need understanding and strong will. You need to be clear on what your guidelines. This is how you make things practical.
  7. Spirituality is an endless cycle. You will run into blockages and loopholes, trying to do things. You're better off learning how to undo, unless you're trying to reach a materialistic goal and need to learn things in order to accomplish them and to better yourself as a human, or watch videos like the one suggested here, because that pertains to being human in the "real" world. There will always be a point that cannot be overcome on a Spiritual level if you're operating as an individual just like the one you're saying because there's really nothing to surrender to. You will appear to hit a hurdle you can't get over at a certain point and start to get confused and start to wonder about things and ask questions like these and the answer will just lead to more questions.
  8. "Only thing you have to fear, is fear itself". My guess is that your block is fear related. Leo has some wonderful suggestions in this video on how to get past your fear blocks.
  9. Crazy. And I get hella afraid just to get my blood drawn at the doctor’s office..
  10. Priests are molesting little boys and Pastors are sleeping with the congregation members. When I was a stripper and was into food and nutrition I used to bring books to work and read about nutrition. As a working girl, I would have headphones in my ear listening to Spiritual podcasts. Don't make a difference. It's not a Sunday only thing for me, it's a way of being and a lifestyle. I don't need to separate the two,
  11. Today
  12. @BojackHorsemanI just re read.. Thanks for the clarification.
  13. A Wealth of Experiences After watching Leo's video on When the Left Goes too Far, I caught myself contemplating about the part where he talks about how it's a privilege to be left leaning because of the life experiences you've had and that you have enough material comforts to not be focused on brute survival, which is why you can focus on higher ideals like equality, gay rights, freedom of speech, mental health etc. And while I, as a child of immigrants who has parents who lived through much harsher life circumstances, I am very much aware of the later as I have to manage my ideals and sense of authenticity and autonomy with that of my stage blue/orange parents who have had very different life experiences, values, and opinions due to their upbringing and survival circumstances. I've had to learn, understand, and balance a lot of these types things and see how their upbrining contributes to their world views, and how they're not just simply crazy or dumb. However, while I'm aware of my privelege in survival as well as how being born in an upper middle class family in a major U.S. city plays a role in my experiences, I wanted to explore the wealth I have, not only from privilege, but from my life experiences. I have thought about this in the past prior to me thinking about it in this context. There have been many times over the past few months where I have really taken a moment to appreciate all of the places I've been and what I did there. My parents have screwed up a lot in my upbringing, but one thing they really got right was the emphasis they put on education, travel, and learning how to assimilate into different communities (side note: When I talk about assimilation, I'm not just talking about assimillating into White culture as a lot of children of immigrants feel pressure to in the U.S. Assimilation also means learning to adjust to things I encountered abroad with my family as well as the different communities I have encountered over the years). Visited 27/50 of the U.S. states Went to the major cities in Texas (Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Galveston and you know damn well that I won’t forget the Alamo lol) Went to Vegas Visiting various national parks like Yosemite, Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Devils Tower Visited the Christmas towns in Massachusetts, Vermont, and Maine and saw the Green Mountains (drove throughout Vermont) Went to California, saw LA, San Francisco, and drove on highway 1 Visited major cities such as NYC, Boston, Philadelphia, DC, Baltimore NYC: saw the empire state building, statue of liberty, mainly stayed in Queens and visited relatives there, visited a few universities I was considering, central park Boston: visited universities, the Kennedy presidential library, went to the Boston harbor and saw a little reenactment of the Boston Tea Party, enjoyed the public transportation system. Saw Gettysburg, various things in Philly DC: went to the White House, Congress, Smithsonian, National Mall, the Smithsonian saw cherry blossom season Baltimore: mainly went there for the Bengali cultural conference and also saw the harbor area and has some good seafood Went to the islands in Hawaii. Saw the volcanos and the beaches Went to Disney world as a kid Visited the forests of Arkansas and explored the caves (and saw too many confederate flags lol) Have gone to New Orleans a couple times, tried the food, and saw the French Quarters. Saw various places that preserved Native American History in New Mexico, Arizona and Oklahoma Went to Roswell New Mexico and saw the Area 51 alien museum and where they tested the atomic bombs Went skiing a couple times in New Mexico. India: Going to Bihar, staying in an ashram for 3 days, doing religious rituals with my parents for my grandparents, and seeing people keep hard copies of genealogical data Going to Kolkata every other year growing up + saw the Victoria Memorial, the Howrah Bridge, downtown Kolkata, and the Ganges River Saw the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, the entirety of Jaipur, Jantar Manter, and Delhi UAE: Visiting Dubai, the Burj Khalifa, went to the Dubai Mall, went to the beaches and the palm islands Bangladesh: Went to Sylhet, Dhaka, my ancestral home in Mymensingh, visited my dad’s friends and relatives Went to Costa Rica, and saw the rainforests + did a tour of San Juan Europe: Went to the UK: studied Indian history there, stayed in Oxford and London, saw the British Museum, Tower of London, London Eye, Brick Lane, the William Morris House, the Roman baths, the birthplace of Winston Churchill, Windsor Castle, and Parliament Went to France: Saw the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame Cathedral, Versailles, and Remy the rat along with his whole family in the Paris bus stop. I also went to the beach and spent some time in Bordeaux. Went to Amsterdam: went on a cycling tour, went to a boat tour, the Ann Frank House, and out door market, and a place that was mainly populated by middle eastern immigrants. I also went to the red light district and went to a sex show which was interesting. Food Experiences: I have a thing where I try the Mexican food wherever I go as an experiement of sorts Tex Mex California Mexican food Mexican food in DC, the UK, and Vermont Mexican food in places like New Mexico and Galveston Salvadorian food Brazilian food: Brazilian Steak House Brazilian / Italian / Portuguese fusion food Costa Rican food Lots of chicken and plantains South East Asian Cuisine Thai: tried various noodle and curry dishes Malaysian: There is a restaurant that I really like in Dallas Vietnamese: I’m kinda basic but I’ve mainly tried Bahn Minh, Pho, and rice paper rolls East Asian Cuisine Chinese Take out Chinese Dim Sum Sushi: ranges from sashimi, various roll styles, sushi in fancy restaurants, and grocery store sushi Hibachi Ramen Kimbap Korean fried cheese Various East Asian snacks: sweet sandwiches, boba, various chip flavors, Korean fried chicken, anything with matcha, various cookies, mochi The French pastries in the bakeries next to the east asian grocery stores South Asian Cuisine A whole lifetime of Bengali home cooked meals and lessons on how to eat elish maach North Indian and South Indian food Various snack and junk foods Street food Indo Chinese food fusion foods including Korean+Indian and Mexican+Indian Mediterranean Food: Went to Italian, Greek, Turkish, North African, Palestinian,and Syrian places Had gyros, shawarmas, baba ganush, fatoush salad, tabouli salad, Greek salads, various lamb preparations Barbeque Texas BBQ North Carolina Kansas Australian German Korean Brazillian French food: croissants, crepes, the pizzas there, beignets, various cheeses and breads Dutch: Pancakes, stroopwaffles, fish, croquettes UK: fish and chips, meat pastries, Shepard’s pie, beans on toast, full English breakfast Maine lobster + Crab cakes + crab and lobster rolls Tried a lot of seafood in general: fish, lobster, crab, shrimp, crawfish, calamari, squid, mussels, oysters, caviar, fish curries, raw fish, fried The people I have met Grew up in an area of Dallas that is predominantly black and Hispanic with a good bit of African immigrants from the Caribbean, West Africa, and East Africa Would frequently go up to North Dallas where there is a lot of south, east, and south east Asian people Got exposed to a lot of Middle Eastern people through my friends and in college Know a few immigrants from Europe (mainly UK and Germany) as well as people who are connected to their Italian, Scottish, Irish, and English heritage Met some Eastern European people growing up and in college Met a few Jewish people as well as a couple Buddhists, Zoroastrians, Sikhs, and Jains. And of course, I know a good deal of Christians, Muslims, and Hindus who are religious to various degrees and practice various forms of each religion (Baptists, Methodists, Episcopalians, Catholics, Sunni, Shia, Hindus from various castes in the north, south, and east India) Met exactly one person from Central Asia (he was from Kyrgyzstan) Political Ideology Liberals Southern Liberals / Liberals from red states East Coast Liberals Liberals from blue states Conservatives Rich conservatives Poor conservatives Southern conservatives (typically boomers and suburban Karens) Rural conservatives from various parts of the country (ranging from rural Texas, Arkansas, to even rural Maine) The occasional libertarian Leftists Let’s just say that there is a big difference between leftists from red states, mainly from the south and from Appalachia, and the leftists from places like NYC, Boston, LA, and San Francisco, and online leftists Fascists I met a full on Nazi once. I don’t know too many fascists but I do know people who have questionable views that connect to fascist talking points. People who are all over the place due to war trauma People who have survived a genocide, refugees, people who have been influenced by Hindu nationalism, Islamofascism, have a heavy negative bias towards a group like Jewish people or Pakistanis due to the war trauma that they or their family experienced.
  14. You can't transcend survival. If you think you transcended survival, try to go into a forest with bears while being stained in honey and you will find out. This transcending the rat race is just a bubble in some western societies.
  15. I'm as confused as in the beginning of the topic. But as far as I understand, there are no rights, there are only rights in people heads pertaining to culture.From a God perspective, are there rights? I think everything that "is" is right, I guess.
  16. How? I have one foot in the physical and one foot in the spiritual. It is ok if you put both feet in the spiritual although I doubt you do since you are doing "things"...
  17. The point is that you're making computations on different dimensions of reality/consciousness at the same time. Imagine that you have a software with Da Vinci, Nikola Tesla, Elon Musk Minds + Alien Intelligence... Then you download it into your body/mind system. How do you perceive reality? What's your point of reference to interpret experiences?
  18. I used to be really good at it. I was really good at surrendering. However, years later, now that I've done all this work, have grown so much, find myself doing so much more, i find the act of surrendering challenging. I used to be so good at it. Is this 'normal'? I put up 'protection' now. Maybe by energetically protecting myself it in a ways also makes me block myself. I also feel more blocked. Less intuitive. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  19. What do weird and quirky shapes in my vision have to do with my sense of reality or development??
  20. The relationship is already over as you dont even know if your boyfriend loves you.
  21. I've heard some spiritual teachers like Teal Swan say that "God himself has a subconscious mind (things that it doesn't know that it doesn't know)" because since we are created in His image then that means He has a subconscious mind like me, that's why he created the physical world, to become conscious of what he is currently unconscious of. Is that a contradiction to omniscience? or is there a way to reconcile both? are they both "unrelated" facets of god?
  22. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CidDVoHdmQ
  23. For me, realizing that it's done for the clicks makes it cheap. @Vibes 😁🧐
  1. Load more activity