All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. I think I know why its happening, though. Might be wrong, but to me it seems like he believes if you are not a solipsist yourself and saying solipsism is right, that means you are just the image, basic npc, and not actually consciousness/being. In one breath he says he is me, but the next moment, when he realises I am not a solipsist, he believes that he is not actually speaking to himself anymore (the one/0 consciousness), but to an image/npc that needs to be a solipsist to really be the True Self. If you believe you are Solipsist and solipsism is absolute truth, then anyone who is not solipsist is immediately seen as Other and therefore imaginary. Only another solipsist in his mind is the self that he is. Perhaps it happens on a subconscious level. Again, I dont know for sure, I am just "thinking out loud" here. I don't want to assert this as true as I can't confirm it, it's just a hunch and my attempt to understand where he stands. I also have images of you in my mind obviously and I can get people wrong for sure. But I also know you are the Self/Noself 1consciosness/0consciousness, no matter what philosophical/epistemological position you take. So you are "me" regardless, no matter how much I disagree with the image I have of you. I don't know if that makes sense to you, but it kind of makes sense to me. I also don't like circlejerking, I am not commenting this to gang up on Razard, I am genuinly interested in these things and exploring them.
  3. @Nemra yeah, I can understand that. Here is some context about what I am asking: There were some changes to the mobilisation law in Ukraine, and some of those are aimed at getting back people who left the country before / during war. Plenty of people seem to think that it is a right decision because men have a moral duty to go back and protect their country. I disagree with that. Unfortunately, whenever I ask such people why do they think that it's my obligation to go back to Ukraine and fight, they are not able to give me a good response that makes sense. So I thought that I should ask here.
  4. @Bobby_2021 Completely agree, Piers Morgan is a fake lefty and a parasite, abandons the UK to grift in American soil. He is immature and ideologically biased and makes the guest look more mature minded. Piers Morgan appears adult in the room, yet when guest lays down the facts maturely, this disturbs him. He's a man child, in denial, how wild YouTube allows this little bile to file. I'll, as Slim Shady's child, point out Piers's ancestry: Morgan La Fay.
  5. Most people who claim to be interested in philosophy are not interested in academic philosophy in the sense that it exists today. That said, I would keep doing it as long as it's enjoyable for you. If you're like me, when your engagement with intellectual pursuits starts to threaten your ability to meet your basic needs, it will automatically become less enjoyable and you'll be motivated to go do things in the world.
  6. @Something Funny I can certainly say that if you have a national identity, then you'll feel that you need to defend your country.
  7. You have crackhead Barney vibes to me. 😂
  8. I am curious if anyone here can provide a valid, meaningful argument for why I, as a citizen, have a duty to protect the country I was born in with my life.
  9. 3:49AM I dreamed of.... I don't know. Being like a Christian missionary riding on a bike on the road. I was afraid. .. it wasn't at all easy. And it seems like the people I'm with is those from my previous high school. And I saw a friend... I'm afraid that she had felt bad with me because sometimes this year or last year, she came to my house at night, and I didn't see her. I was cleaning up my room and I want to take a shower before I met her. But we didn't meet that night. We're actually a neighbour and I was in a upper high school with her. That, I know. We live near. Of course , of course I want to meet her. It's not at all that I don't wanna see her. I just wasn't prepared tht night. But now I'm afraid that she had felt bad about me cuz I don't see her that night. When she came to my house. In my dream I saw her. With my other classmates. Idk. We are on the road riding a bicycle. (I am riding a bike there are many others who walk). And people like us. Idk.. idk what's up with this dream.. should I meet her?
  10. You have to understand something here. Life isn't personal. It's not about you, anyone or anything. There is no creation. That would mean a creator and something created. This is complete, wholeness, nothing separate, the Absolute. The Absolute is unfolding as we speak. It is ALIVE. It appears as everything. What's happening is what's happening. What happened yesterday, is what's appearing as we speak as a memory of what happened yesterday. Yesterday only happens as a memory. There is no past, no future, no space, no time, no here, no there. It all just appears to be that. So, pain is also the Absolute appearing as pain. It can appear as ANYTHING. Even as these words. Even as your post, even as war. It needs no reason to appear as anything because it is also that apparent reason. You can call it God if you like. Makes no difference. It's all there is. There's no you. There's no you feeling pain. Only appears to be. The Absolute can appear as a you that feels pain but it's actually the energy of pain that arises and the contracted energy that claims ownership of that pain (you), that believes it's in pain when it's just pain arising. There's no God that created pain and is now watching humans suffer because of that pain. God (the Absolute), is appearing as pain and you, who is an illusion, because there's just an empty body there thinks it's in pain. There's is just energy in motion and that energy can shape-shift and appear as anything. SPONTANEOUSLY. The dream is the INDIVIDUAL. The "I" thought that believes it's a somebody that is experiencing. What comes with that is the belief that everything else is real and now you have a life and everything is happening to you and you are the center of the Universe. That's the dream. It never happened. It just seems to happen. Please don't think I'm saying this to appear as if I don't feel pain and that I don't feel separate and that I'm just parroting anything. Yes, I've heard this from Jim Newman, but his words resonated with something within me and it responds to his message very deeply and I can intuit all this (which is also just apparent because there's no one to intuit anything ,only the Absolute appearing as intuition), and it is from that place where this message is coming from, not Princess Arabia because there is no Princess Arabia. Only an apparent message that's appearing on a screen.
  11. more like selling them
  12. i guess we could say it would be the same to say “if it’s infinity, then the possibility of nothing existing must be” ”and the possibility of everthing existing” So if everything and nothing is the same then it’s “solved”. maybe
  13. Look..God =infinity. Hopefully we agree on that . Now what are the ramifications of infinity ? Two contradictory outcomes ..: 1- there must be pain as a possibility..otherwise infinity would be finite. 2-there must be no pain whatsoever as a possibility..otherwise infinity would be finite . A paradox. A huge contradiction that touches the whole notion of infinity and put it under question. How reconcile this paradox?
  14. Okay, I like that approach. I will try to engage with that in good faith.
  15. That's the problem as I see it; there is far too much noise surrounding whatever signal these studies of capable of emitting. The key is to avoid oxidizing the cholesterol while cooking, which necessitates lesser heat and total cook time (I use an Instant Pot on lower pressure set to 6 minutes, for example) but yes, this is a concern for folks unaware of that nuance. I advocate 2-4 daily, but again, never overcooked (fully cooked white and yolk with a soft inner yolk; grey or chalky yolks should be avoided). We all have our own biases at the end of the day, but it's good to see you advocate their consumption, even if only one per day. I'm curious how you like to prepare them for yourself? I always find pan frying a pain in the ass, so I just throw mine in an Instant Pot along with my other food, lol.
  16. Happie Birthday Leo. I am forever greatful to you!
  17. @zurewI’ll make a full post on my analysis of destiny
  18. It’s a paradox yea.. to answer that first part. I know just as little as u I’m no enlightened but it’s more intuitive hmm. I mean don’t some people say that the core of religions is non dual , I haven’t read the scriptures so I don’t know that. So maybe god isn’t how people think about it. and maybe the prophets on earth they are still human in a way so the message they spread about goodness will be humane and they stand by it but the ultimate god is maybe the non dual with no bias aka nothing at all. I don’t know just a bit of speculation now
  19. @ici stop kidding around. I'm asking sincerely and looking for something that clicks in my mind to understand this . Why the hell do MUST EXPERIENCE PAIN? "How we know pleasure without pain " is such a cliche. If reality or god is endless then sure he can create a reality that is endless joy without a shred of pain.
  20. Sure ..if reality is infinite it must include pain ..otherwise it would be limited. But guess what ..If reality was infinite ..then it must be a possibility for there not being pain at all . That's the paradox of infinity . God is said to be all good and loving and Merciful in all religions and mystical traditions..how can that be when this motherfucker is watching what's happening in Palestine and doesn't do shit to stop it ? He actually the creator of it !.
  21. Thank you! Michael
  22. It's a duality. You wouldn't be able to distinguish pleasure from pain otherwise. Also, pain keeps you alive. It's a necessary emotion. I don't know. Maybe because the baby is too big to come out of that hole. Bet they feel pleasure from sex though. Do you feel pleasure when eating? Try overeating. Masochists exist. Do you feel pain when you trim your nails?
  23. My main point bringing up the picture was to demonstrate that I did read the source that you provided - and the point of that is to counter your general claim about people not reading the source that is being provided. And to be clear, before someone misinterprets me - I am not claiming that Im the only one on this forum who read the provided source(s). But regardless, I don't care about that specific debate in terms of how much of it is environmental vs genetics - I do care about though when someone make confident empirical claims about something without any evidence and I do think that you are making a lot of confident empirical claims about a wide variety of topics without backing up with the needed evidence and that makes interactions with you hard. Unless you can make a sound deductive argument where you know with 100% confidence that your starting premises are true and where you can exclude all the logically possible explanations different to yours, you should drop this idea of trying to prove empirical claims with only using logic .
  24. Today
  25. I don’t think one needs to be enlightened to answer this per se, it can kind of be intuitive . Anything but this explanation feels kinda human made to me, ofc all words are but still there is a difference. I’d say there is no reason for it, it’s just appearing and nothing can stop it from it. If there is a god that has a will and that can choose to not create pain, wouldn’t that god be limited? Because it’s a something with a will. So it’s not all of reality, reality outside of it could appear as pain and nothing can stop it. I don’t think there is any why. And I’m not someone who glamorizes this I wish shit was limited too and some things shouldn’t exist imo , it’s the only sane way of feeling .
  1. Load more activity